Online Police Reporting Frequently Asked Questions

Question What do I do if online incident reporting is not right for me?
Answer If your incident is an emergency, call 911. If non-emergency call 616-698-6580.

Question What if this happened in another city can I file a report using this online police citizen reporting system?
Answer No, If a crime took place outside of the City of Kentwood please call the police department for that city.

Question Where do I find the Identity Theft Package I must complete as part of my report?
Answer The Identity Theft Package can be found by going to the following link:

We recommend you download the package and complete the package first, then start your online report. During the process of filing your report, you will have the ability to upload documents which is where you should upload your completed Identity Theft Package.

Question Can I still file an Identity Theft Report online if I don't have the ability to download and attach the package?
Answer Yes, however the report will not be considered complete until you submit a completed Identity Theft Package. The completed package can be picked up and dropped off at the police department.

Close Online Reporting FAQ Window