We are currently accepting applications for the positions listed below. Please scroll down to see all job openings.
How to apply
To apply for a position, please complete an Employment Application and email it to HR@ci.kentwood.mi.us. If you are applying for a position in the after school program (ARCH) please email it to ARCH-HR@ci.kentwood.mi.us. To email the application, you must first save it to your computer, complete the application, then save it again and attach it to your email.
If you do not have access to email, you may fax your application to 616-554-0818 or mail it to the address shown at the bottom of this page.
Unsolicited applications or applications that do not specify an open position are not retained.
The City of Kentwood is a Drug-Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Employment Application and documents shown below are in Adobe Acrobat format. If you do not have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can download a free copy by clicking the logo below.
- Job Title & Summary
Activity Leader - ARCH After School Program
The City of Kentwood is currently seeking part-time Activity Leaders for the Kentwood public school's after school program (ARCH). For information on the ARCH after school program, please click: http://www.kentwoodps.org/ourschools/crossroadsalternativeeducation/programsandactivities/archprogram/
Activity Leaders are responsible for the following:
- Assisting with daily program activity planning and implementation;
- Enforceing rules, regulations, policies, and procedures;
- Assisting teachers in daily classroom activities;
- Ensuring participant safety and welfare during all activities;
- Ensuring inclusion of all program participants;
- Maintaining a safe and clean atmosphere and environment; and
- Communicating with parents of participants as needed in a professional and effective manner
The starting pay rate is $10.00 per hour. Activity Leaders work approximately 16 hours per week.
Qualified applicants will have the following:
- High school diploma or GED and at least one year of experience working with children in an education, recreation, or similar program or have an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Valid driver's license
- CPR, First Aid and AED certifications within six months of date of employment
To apply for this position, please submit an application to ARCH-HR@ci.kentwood.mi.us or fax to 616.554.0818 or mail to City of Kentwood, Attn: Sherita Carter, 4900 Breton Rd. SE, Kentwood, MI 49518.
Please note: Parents of students in the ARCH program will not be allowed as Activity Leaders in their child's school.
View Job Description