We are currently accepting applications for the positions listed below. Please scroll down to see all job openings.
How to apply
To apply for a position, please complete an Employment Application and email it to HR@ci.kentwood.mi.us. If you are applying for a position in the after school program (ARCH) please email it to ARCH-HR@ci.kentwood.mi.us. To email the application, you must first save it to your computer, complete the application, then save it again and attach it to your email.
If you do not have access to email, you may fax your application to 616-554-0818 or mail it to the address shown at the bottom of this page.
Unsolicited applications or applications that do not specify an open position are not retained.
The City of Kentwood is a Drug-Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Employment Application and documents shown below are in Adobe Acrobat format. If you do not have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can download a free copy by clicking the logo below.
- Job Title & Summary
Activity Leader - ARCH After School Program
The City of Kentwood is currently seeking part-time Activity Leaders for the Kentwood public school's after school program (ARCH). For information on the ARCH after school program, please click: http://www.kentwoodps.org/ourschools/crossroadsalternativeeducation/programsandactivities/archprogram/
Activity Leaders are responsible for the following:
- Assisting with daily program activity planning and implementation;
- Enforceing rules, regulations, policies, and procedures;
- Assisting teachers in daily classroom activities;
- Ensuring participant safety and welfare during all activities;
- Ensuring inclusion of all program participants;
- Maintaining a safe and clean atmosphere and environment; and
- Communicating with parents of participants as needed in a professional and effective manner
The starting pay rate is $10.00 per hour. Activity Leaders work approximately 16 hours per week.
Qualified applicants will have the following:
- High school diploma or GED and at least one year of experience working with children in an education, recreation, or similar program or have an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Valid driver's license
- CPR, First Aid and AED certifications within six months of date of employment
To apply for this position, please submit an application to ARCH-HR@ci.kentwood.mi.us or fax to 616.554.0818 or mail to City of Kentwood, Attn: Sherita Carter, 4900 Breton Rd. SE, Kentwood, MI 49518.
Please note: Parents of students in the ARCH program will not be allowed as Activity Leaders in their child's school.
View Job Description
Maintenance Worker - Seasonal
The City of Kentwood is accepting applications to fill 10 positions for Public Works summer seasonal maintenance workers. 40 hours per week at $10 per hour (7:30 AM - 4:00 PM). Performs a variety of manual tasks related to the maintenance of City parks, buildings and other facilities within the field operations unit of the Public Works Department.
Desirable qualifications and knowledge include:
- Procedures and practices of lawn and building maintenance.
- Physical ability to effectively carry out a variety of assigned manual tasks.
- Knowledge of safety procedures and practices to be followed in the operation of power driven tools and equipment.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with fellow employees and the general public.
- Prompt and regular attendance on the job is expected of each employee.
High School diploma or the equivalent,
Applicants must be 18 years of age, and
Possess a valid Michigan driver's license.
The start date is flexible with the ability to accommodate summer personal schedules such as planned vacations, etc.
Submit your application (found above on this page) to HR@ci.kentwood.mi.us or fax to (616) 554-0818 by 3/17/17. Drug Free Workplace. EOE.
We are accepting applications for summer internships in the Engineering Department. Interns will assist with GIS data entry, GPS data collection, water quality testing, municipal street or sidewalk work oversight, record retention, and other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants will have a driver's license, MS Word and Excel skills, familiarity with GIS, and the ability to walk across rough terrain and lift up to 50 pounds.
The pay rate is $11.50 per hour. Work schedule is Mon-Fri, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Submit an application (above on this page) to HR@ci.kentwood.mi.us or fax (616) 554-0818. The deadline to apply is 3/17/17. Drug-Free workplace. EOE.