We are currently accepting applications for the following positions. Open positions are listed below.
How to apply
To apply for a position, please complete an Employment Application and, either by printing it out and mailing it or by saving the filled pdf to you computer for email, submit it to the Human Resources Department. You may submit a cover letter and resume to apply for a position, however, for most positions an Employment Application is preferred.
Disclaimer: Applications for non-posted positions are not retained.
The following documents are in Adobe Acrobat format. If you do not have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can download a free copy by clicking the logo to the left.
- Job Title & Summary
Deputy City Clerk
The City of Kentwood (Kent County, MI) is accepting applications for a Deputy City Clerk. This is a full-time position with benefits and a salary range of $19.47-24.94 per hour. This position will be available in August 2015. Qualified applicants will have the following:
• Must have a High school diploma or GED and minimum three years of directly related experience in a clerk’s office;
• Must be a registered voter;
• Must hold a Certified Municipal Clerk (CMC) or Master Municipal Clerk (MMC) designation or have the ability to obtain either designation within three years Possess excellent customer service skills with the public and staff;
• Must be a Passport Acceptance Agent or be able to obtain the certification within three months from date of hire;
• Must be computer proficient and have a high proficiency utilizing Microsoft Word and Excel, and QVF software;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; and customer service skills.
Experience with county or local government election functions, cemetery administration, passport processing, and issuance of permits and licenses is preferred.
Submit application (found on this page) to HR@ci.kentwood.mi.us, fax to (616) 554-0818 or mail to City of Kentwood; 4900 Breton Ave. SE; Kentwood, MI 49518 by June 18, 2015. Drug-Free Workplace. EOE.
View Job Description
Recreation Program Coordinator
The City of Kentwood is accepting applications for a Recreation Program Coordinator specializing in Therapeutic Recreation. Qualified applicants will have the following: bachelor’s degree in the recreation field; Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist; a valid driver’s license; and two years of directly related experience in recreation programming. Starting pay rate is $19.18 per hour with excellent benefits. Submit your application (found on this page) and resume to HR@ci.kentwood.mi.us or fax: (616) 554-0818 or mail: City of Kentwood, HR Dept., 4900 Breton Ave. SE, Kentwood, MI 49518. The deadline to apply is 5/22/2015. EOE. Drug free workplace.