NEWS & EVENTS
Halloween Trick or Treating
The City of Kentwood will observe Trick or Treating on October 31st from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm. For the safety of our children, please observe the following:
- - Take extra precaution while driving through the City on October 31st.
- - Drive Slow, and be sure to eliminate any and all distractions while driving.
- - Parents should accompany their children while trick or treating.
- - Be sure to carry a flash light
- - Leave your porch light on if you are handing out candy.
- - Parents, remember to check your children's candy before indulging.
- Have a fun and
Lock it or Lose it!
The Kentwood Police Department would like to remind members of the community to always be vigilant in properly securing your vehicles. If your vehicle has been broken into, please file a police report so our officers can be informed of activity occurring in your area. File a report here.
Click here for 10 useful tips on how to avoid car theft.
From November 15—March 15 of each year, no parking of any vehicle is permitted on either side of any City of Kentwood street between the hours of 1:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. or at any other times inwhich on-street parking could impair or impede snowplowing, cleaning or maintenance operations. For more information, please contact our Code Enforcement Specialist at
Exterior House Check
Thieves often target homes of citizens who are on vacation or otherwise gone for an extended period of time. In response to this, the Kentwood Police Department has implemented a program that provides community members with courtesy exterior home checks while they are away. To arrange a courtesy exterior house check, contact Vicki Highland at